Click on a language flag to translate this blog:

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Obama orders cabinet to cut $100 million from budget. Really!

More than 40 years ago, one of Obama's predecessors to his Illinois senate seat, Everett Dirksen, famously said "A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money".

A few days ago I was watching TV while doing other things and I thought I had heard the president say that he was ordering his cabinet heads to cut $100 million dollars from the budget. Surely I had mis-heard. He must have said "cut $100 billion". Even then I thought $100 billion was trivial given the current budget. It passed from my mind.

Then I saw today that he actually did say $100 million. See HERE.

The President must be living in a time warp. Perhaps in Lincoln's time, $100 million was real money.

View this video to see how trivial $100 million is in the context of the government budget...


No comments:

Post a Comment